The historical water pumping plant “Baltezers” is an important site of its kind and one of the most significant water supply system historical exhibits in Europe.
It tells the four centuries’ long story of the water supply system of Riga.
Baltezers water pumping facility was launched in 1904 and operated until 1950. The former water pumping machinery hall is now home to the Riga Water-Supply history exibition. Compound-type steam machines, cast iron syphon ducts and penstocks, manufactured in Riga at the Felzer mechanical engineering factory, are preserved and exhibited. The steam boilers were manufactured in Riga at R.Pole mechanical engineering factory.
Visits must be scheduled in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org